Barriers can be used in place of straw bales and provide a less expensive alternative as 50 feet of Filteract Barriers™ are made from one bale of straw. They are easier to handle and install; and incorporate well into other surface protection revegetation systems such as Terrasol’s Hydroseeding or SedimentLok®. Filteract Barriers™ are an excellent erosion/sediment control management practice for both construction and natural applications.
- capture sediment and spread water flow
- are velocity dissipation devices
- work as check dams to reduce rilling and gullying
- are less expensive and more effective that brush barriers
- do the same job as silt fences in small drainage areas for ¼ of the cost
- work as level spreaders and are better than drainage swales
- can be wrapped around storm drain inlets to slow water and settle out sediment
Terrasol can provide your site Filteract Barriers™ and many other BioTechnical solutions for your project. Contact Us for more information.